Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Job Hunter 101

The name really rings with a cool sound. If any of you read Hunter X Hunter (it's a japanese manga by the way, very famous in uh, Japan), you'll know how cool is it being a hunter. Except that I'm a hunter with nothing to do trying to get to do something. Still cool, yeah, still super cool...

Job hunting is really very2 hard. Being a job hunter is no easy feat. Seriously, everybody thinks that, hey, there's plenty of jobs around, JUST PICK ONE. Huhuh, my friend, it doesn't work that way, at least not for me and another 7-8% of the jobless community. Or else we wouldn't be jobless...plus, there's the recession of course and some of them are jobless by choice. Those are the lucky ones.

Go to the the Star Classifieds, Metro Classifieds, News Straits Time Classified, that Monster site, JobStreet and there's tons of jobs around listed. But 50% will need a specific discipline/degree/diploma/masters/PhD/years of work/work experience in this field; that we don't have and don't know what the heck is that even. Another 20%, ~ fraud companies. Beware, these companies do exists to siphon away money from the pockets of the untrained.

I specifically went to two interviews, both of them interviewers are hot superchicks. I guess for gals you'll get handsome superguys. "You just have to pay 100++ bucks and the company will try our best to get you a job", says them. Thank GOD I have ma sexy lady at the back of my head that helped me to wane off my natural instinct of just doing whatever they say.

"What?!", Sez me, I come here to get a job, not pay for something, and I just went off. What a job hunter got to do, a job hunter got to do. Well actually, I just didn't have the money >:)

When I came back angry and googled (is that even a word?) the bloody companies in question. Bham no.2 and no.5 in the top 10 list of fraud companies. Obviously trying to con job hunters alike. Suddenly, the advert "Typist: 8-10K per month" makes sense. If typers earned that much money, I'll beat Warren Buffet's wealth count two years ago.

If something is too good to be true, it probably is ~ my mum used to say. Urrgghh, I just wish someday I'll get the better of my mum and beat her 30+ years extra wisdom she has over me. Just not gonna happen...

So, back to the drawing board (which I don't really have) with my newfound wisdom, "never trust hot superchicks".

JobLessEmployee

No comments:

Post a Comment